Thursday, September 17, 2009

The last moment of a life - as I see

I open my eyes. I see nothing but a blaze. Its white and shiny. Kinda like it. The more I look the more I like it. It magnetizes me. I feel like I wanna reach it. Touch it.
Just once.
But deep inside I know, if I do, it will eat me up.
I feel somebody is watching me. I turn back. I see my family looking at me. All my loved ones. Begging. Without words. With their eyes. Don't go, they say.
I feel...confused...
Moments later it turns to despair. What shall I do?
Which way to go?
Somebody, help me. I can't make such a decision. I love my family. But that shiny blaze keeps pulling me hard.
Suddenly I realize, I'm alone.
There's no one to help.
I need to choose.
Now.
I start to cry. Without tears. With my heart. Because now I know, that in truth, I don't have a choice.
The blaze has.
And the blaze wants me.
I start to walk towards it. Even though I don't want to. Even though I fight with all the power I have.
But it's pointless.
I look back to my family again. I can feel their pain. I say goodbye. I say I love you all. I hope they heard me.
The blaze embraces me.
I know it's over.
This is it.


No comments:

Post a Comment